Dr. Savoie joined the team in 2015. She graduated from the Université de Moncton with a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and is a licensed psychologist with the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick.
Dr. Savoie worked with children, adolescents, and adults in the fields of health psychology, sport psychology, and mental health. She completed a Canadian Psychological Association accredited pre-doctoral internship program at a Provincial tertiary physical rehabilitation center and a hospital setting where she had the opportunity to assess and treat various complex physical and mental health conditions. Dr. Savoie also worked at a Provincial Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit for several years where she completed thorough cognitive and mental health assessments, provided crisis interventions, and short-term therapy.
Children have a special place in Dr. Savoie's heart. She believes that all children are a gift to this world. She enjoys using play therapy and specialized in meditation such as child play yoga and relaxation for children.
Furthermore, Dr. Savoie has a great interest and past experiences in sport psychology. Having been an athlete herself while attending university, she has a solid understanding of the different factors that can impact the athletic performance and how to help athletes perform optimally.
Finally, Dr. Savoie has developed a special interest in supporting individual who are grieving the lost of a loved one, a personal loss, or the loss of a pet. She completed a certification in grief recovery in 2015.
Dr. Savoie uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in combination with a holistic approach (mind, body, and spirit) to treat psychological conditions.
Dr. Savoie's Favorite Resources:
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk (A. Faber and E. Mazlich)
- The 5 Love Languages of Children (Dr. G. Chapman and Dr. R. Campbell)
- The Grief Recovery Handbook (J.W. James and R. Friedman)
- When Children Grieve (J.W. James and R. Friedman)
- The Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss (R. Friedman, C. James and J. W. James)
- The Crystal Children: A Guide to the Newest Generation of Psychic and Sensitive Children (Dr. D. Virtue)
- The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children (Dr. D. virtue)
- The Biology of Belief (Dr. B. H. Lipton)
- Changing the Game: The Parent's Guide to Raising Happy, High Performing Athletes, and Giving Youth Sports Back to Our Kids (J. O'Sullivan)