Manon is a licensed psychologist with the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick since 2004. She obtained her Master's degree in psychology from Université de Moncton in 2000. Interested in working with children, she completed an internship in the Francophone school district where she worked until 2010 as a school psychologist.
Before co-founding Scintilla in 2014, Manon had been working in private practice for several years. Having had the opportunity to work in various high schools, Manon has developed a specialty with an adolescent clientele and the issues that concern this population. Her experience in school psychology has also allowed her to gainknowledge and skills in the field of psychoeducational assessments, cognitive assessments as well as behavioral assessments.
In private practice, she works primarily with children, adolescents, and their families. Believing also that every student has the right to feel safe at school, she collaborates with schools to develop winning strategies to reduce bullying. Manon believes strongly in the ability of human beings to flourish and live life to its full potential. Therefore, she applies concepts of positive psychology in her practice and believes in the power of healthy lifestyle habits and their benefits on the mental health of all family members!
- Positive Psychology
- School Psychology
- School Bullying and Resilience
- Psychoeducational, Cognitive, and Behavioral Assessments
- Parenting Skills
Manon's Favorite Resources:
- The Optimistic Child: A Proven Program to Safeguard Children Against Depression and Build Lifelong Resilience (Martin Seligman, 2007)
- L'école de l'optimisme: Développer la résilience chez l'enfant (Martin Seligman, 2013)
- The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander (Barbara Coloroso, 2003)
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous and Independent Children (Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons, 2013)