Chantal is a clinical psychologist who works with children and adolescents; she is also the co-founder of Scintilla Wellness. Chantal holds a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology and is a member of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick. Her experience includes 10 years in the public school system, which enabled her to further her experience and understanding of the varied circumstances faced by our youth.
Over the past four years, she has had the opportunity to work in private practice, focusing on the assessment of learning, behavioural problems, and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Chantal promotes a positive parenting approach in order to give parents the tools necessary to guide and advise their children, helping them reach their full potential.
It is very important for her that young people have the chance to enjoy a state of well-being no matter what challenges life can bring. She attaches great importance to the philosophy that each child and adolescent deserves to be happy. This said, she promotes an approach of positive parenting to better equip parents in guiding their children and help them succeed and reach their full potential.
Chantal is currently in the process of furthering her knowledge while fueling her passion by completing a certification program on the role of alternative and complementary medicine in psychology. More specifically, she is keenly interested in the effects of nutrition, mindfulness, and meditation on mental health.
- Positive Parenting and Parental Strategies
- Assessments (Psychoeducational, Behavioral, and Pervasive Developmental Disorders)
- Holistic Psychology
Some of Her Favorite Resources:
- The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering Our Children (S. Tsabary, 2010).
- Out of Control: Why Disciplining Your Child Doesn't Work and What Will (S. Tsabary, 2013).
- Kids Are Worth It: Raising Resilient, Responsible, Compassionate Kids (B. Colroso, 2010).
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind (D. Siegel, 2012).
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind (D.Siegel, 2014).
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, and Schizophrenia (N. Campbell-McBride, 2010).
- GAPS Guide: Simple Steps to Heal Bowels, Body, and Brain (B. Lashkov, 2013).
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar-Your Brain's Silent Killers (D. Perlmutter, 2013).
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life (D. Perlmutter, 2015).